<VV> Fw: fini

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sat Dec 3 11:14:00 EST 2005

It has recently come clear to me that my presence in this forum is no longer necessary, required or appreciated. Along with changes in my personal life--a different job, my involvement via the Web in Western New York politics, posting on several blogs every day, and one members repeated personal attacks have made a once unthinkable choice quite plain.

For the newbies out there:
 This is your best source for tech, just do your best to strain out the stuff that you're not interested in. using the non-Digest mode is probably the best way. Joe's Virtual Corvair Club has the complete archives of this list. probably the best static source of technical information on any marque of automobile on the internet today.
 You'll many times need hand holding as you work through a problem. That is where VV becomes very valuable. Static Tech Archives cant "walk you through" a problem you're having.

This ends my 8.5 year involvement with Virutal Vairs. Things sure have changed. And I feel like overall my contributions were positive. As a co-founder of the Corvair Basics Manual, I had a key role in making a resource that all members, just not the new ones, can find useful. Now in it's 2nd printing, it's first printing paying for itself and providing revenue for the CORSA General Fund. And now it's living another life as a recruitment tool for CORSA. As Co-Founder and author of a couple of chapters, the CBM is something I look on with great pride.

Being a Vairorg member since about 1990, and serving as Committee Chairman for 2 years is another contribution I've made that looking back gives me cause for pride.. I can at least say I made a contribution by working for the continuing success ofthe Internet committee and this forum.

I watched a lot of people come and go over the years, some would get angry and "pack up their toys and leave", only to return weeks or a few months later. You won't see that with me.

There's one thing I'll miss not being here every day. The friends I've made here over these years. Didn't start out being friends with many of them, and I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea, nor do I try to be.

But some of the people I've "Locked Horns" with here over all this time turned out to be close friends, who have become important friends to me . Some of them aren't here anymore--Like Jeff Williams of California Corvair--no longer on this list but is a great vendor to deal with. Some lurk like Pastor Bob, some are daily posters like Tim Abney.

 Would like to take a special minute to thank Eastern Director Bill Hubbell. Bill did me one hell of a favor by defeating me in the BoD election. I won 2 ways by not winning. Bill handles the issues much as I would have if I would have won--which certainly makes it easier on the old ego to have lost. And I don't have to deal with the tsunami of garbage that BoD members seem to wade through trying to get things done.  An added bonus is that after 6 years of nit-picking each other, we're now good friends, and most all the time on the same page on issues.

I've spent a lot of time over the years cajoling people to stay who wanted to leave. Because I felt that each member makes a contribution when they post. I would appreciate it though if nobody wastes their time posting me asking to change my mind. The lack of Action by Vairorg over issues of the abuse I take from one particular member tells me that they must be quite ambivalent to it...like saying--well we don't want him starting up on us, so put up with it or go.  So I'm going.

Most of you are aware that if I called anyone a three hundred pound "sack", most of this list would be calling for my head on a platter like the head George W at a Moveon.org meeting. Yet Matt can do it to me with impunity. Now if that doesn't tell you your're not wanted, what would?

For those of you who are looking forward to more information on next years convention Host Area, I will continue to write those posts. I will send them through Garth, and they will be available.

If I can be of assistance to any of you in the future, I'm easy to find. Only one Email address will be blocked. For folks like Tim Abney, Vic Howard, and others who send me stuff off list daily/weekly, please continue to do so.

Bryan, pls unsubscribe me from VV and Vairorg.

Wiedersehen

Hank