<VV> first parade

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sun Dec 4 01:24:43 EST 2005

Hey, I forgot to mention that I was in my first parade with my Corvair yesterday (Friday).  We had a small parade of old cars and fire engines and an aircraft tug "float" to draw attention to the holiday charity fund activities going on.  It was more fun than I thought it would be.  The Corvair, as usuall, drew a LOT of smiles and cheers.  It was certainly my favorite.

BTW, guess who else was in the parade with me?  My favorite deputy sherrif!!!  The one who lies to me and hassles me about not having safety inspection stickers on my car even though VA law exempts antique registered vehicles.  I don't really feel that the one cop in our area who chooses to hassle old cars should be in a parade with old cars, but of course it wasn't my decision.  He actually did remember me from our last traffic stop together.  He pointed out the antique cars with safety inspections and I pointed out the ones without.

Lots of fun even with my nemesis there.

mike