<VV> GPS for Corvair?

John Beck jb30343 at navix.net
Sun Dec 4 11:00:35 EST 2005

Hi Ron, I recently bought a GPS to use when I'm working my Cadaver
Detection Dog.  The selection of models is huge and I found the
descriptions a bit confusing at least for a novice like me.  I ended up
buying a Garmin Etrex Legend C.  It's working well for my purpose, it
would be a very poor choice for you.  I looked at Cobra, Garmin and
Magellan.  Cobra tech support didn't return my e-mail.  Magellan doesn't
timestamp waypoints.  That left Garmin.  I'm happy with my Garmin. One
thing I've noticed is that additional maps can easily cost more than the
GPS receiver itself.

One of the most helpful sources of information I found is
http://gpsinformation.org They have tons of information organized around
different applications.  --J.B.