<VV> WIrez

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sun Dec 4 21:19:38 EST 2005

------------------------------
> > Huh? Whazzat?  1 wire spliced to 2 smaller wires that go to a common
> > connection is going to keep it from quitting on my vacation versus 1
> big juicy 12g
> > wire?  How's that work?

What matters (in stranded wire of the same length) is the number and
diameter of the strands. The number of insulators is irrelevant. The
electrons don't care. Can do the same thing with resistors,
inductors,  condensers, and even tubes if you know how.

Padgett

I still don't see how it helps to have 2 wires to get the same cross sectional area of wire versus just one.  At BEST it should have the same reliability.  The down side of multiple wires (besides looking odd) is that there are more connections.  The one in my car had a crimp at each end for the connectors and one in the middle to go from one wire to 2.  The single 12ga wire I put in only has connections at each end.

mike