<VV> Dual or Single Master Cylinder

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 5 09:27:28 EST 2005

On the Volvo (at least our `82 240 wagon) if you had a circuit go out
you still had 3 wheels of braking. The front disks were a dual circuit
design so that you had 2 front and 1 rear on each circuit. you also had
a separate small drum inside the rear hub for the E-brake. I never had a
brake line failure in it but would imagine this setup would provide
reasonable stopping ability in case of emergency.

Mike Kost