<VV> early 4sp rev detent

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 5 11:12:07 EST 2005

I'm lining up my "winter projects",and one is putting a 65 4sp/open 3:55 transaxle together ..what causes the reverse detent to come out,and is there any way to "fix" it so it doesn't ? I've never had one fail,and even starting with a 'lo-mi' unit,I'd rather not worry about it happening...any other 'tricks'  to help with reliability,like adding the extra seal on the clutch shaft,would be appreciated too...TIA, Tom Z