<VV> Dual or Single Master Cylinder

Vairtec at optonline.net Vairtec at optonline.net
Mon Dec 5 19:39:10 EST 2005

At 04:46 PM 12/4/05, JVHRoberts at aol.com wrote:

>My issue with the original dual master cylinders has to do with the safety
>factor. Blow a circuit, and you really don't have much left. The pedal
>goes nearly to the floor, and and you have VERY little braking action left.

Bingo.  This is why that I argue that the dual M/C conversion is overrated
and that having an entire brake system in top condition is far more
important than whether the car has a dual M/C.

I say this based on having experienced a front brake line failure in a
friend's 1968 500, fortunately at walking speed in a parking lot, 18 years
ago.  The pedal went fully to the floor.  Sure, the other circuit was
still  working, but by a such a fraction of its original capacity that we
could push the car by hand with the pedal fully depressed.

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net