<VV> New to site (mark bashara)

Edward Norris vistaed at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 01:04:45 EST 2005

"My question is regarding how the "early" Corvairs hold up in
accidents."
My only "accidental experience" with a Vair was in '64 when a
Chevy wagon(1957) turned right in front of me, causing me to
T-bone him in the passenger side doors. I drove in to the frame,
with my right front corner dead on the pillar. My estimated
speed was 25-30MPH, after minimal braking. His insurance decided
to scrap the '57, and fix my '62 Monza(less than $300). Since a
buddy and I had planned to go to Saugatuck that weekend, we
conspired to pull the corner of the right front fender away from
the tire, and left Detroit for the trip to the then "HOT" area.

VistaEd(Kingman, AZ)