<VV> New to site

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed Dec 7 09:48:40 EST 2005

Welcome to the Club:

Though I'm a Late Model owner and fan I have always loved the earlies--they
started it all.  The '64 is certainly a most collectible model in its own
right.  I learned to drive in a '61 700 4dr and my mother had a '62 and '63 Monza
that I drove when home on leave from the Army.  I have always felt all Corvairs
were safer than other cars of their time--and some insuranced statistics from
the '60's confirmed it though lower insurance rates.  The trunk is one big
crumple zone and the almost dive free braking was better than anything at the
time and (when well maintained) will stop with the best of today's cars.

Stay on top of the routine maintenance of front and rear wheel bearings--the
fronts require regular maintenance as did all cars of the period--and the
brakes and you will be spoiled so that the modern FWD cars feel like nose heavy
ploughing barges compared to your well maintained '64.

All the best:

Bob Hall
Group Corvair