<VV> Steering Shaft -Human spear

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 8 10:22:57 EST 2005

I suppose we could take the approach that "we all gotta go sometime"
but not
all of like to drive modern cars all the time.  I don't think it out of
line
to make the old Corvair as safe as possible without going over board.

And, what's so "unrealistic" about installing a crumby seat belt ....
and using
  it? I don't think anybody is saying we should run out and install air
bags and
  roll cages in the cars......

Van

Hear, hear.  I plan on installing shoulder belts and head rests one way
or the other (most likely the Sebring solution as one of our extremely
knowledgeable club members has a set on his Stinger clone [with air, no
less;  my hero]).  I will also now replace the steering wheel with a
padded version, add a padded dash, and give real consideration to
replacing the column with a collapsable '67-'69 from salvage . . . when
I  can actually move it out of the garage under its own power.

Stephen Upham
Corvairium II