<VV> Wheels for budget racing

K. Michael Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 8 23:13:47 EST 2005

I've used the 205 size on stock rims for about 25 years. My feeling is that the 185 is TOO small for the Corvair rear end (I tried them once). If you are not running SCCA stock class I believe the 205 can be run on as wide as 7".

  Mike Kost

Ron Guy <qcc65 at comcast.net> wrote:
  I am building an autocross car with a friend. It will be a none licensed car.
We were able to pick up a couple sets of tires cheap.
4 each 205 60 R 13 A048 and 4 each 185 60 R 13 A008R.
How wide a rim do I need for racing this size tire and will I have to have
them fabricated and where do I get that done or........
is anyone running this size tire on stock rims? This is all new stuff to me.

Ron Guy
CORSA member and others