<VV> RE:Corvair mods

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Fri Dec 9 08:43:05 EST 2005

> But that's the great thing about Corvairs--they are relatively inexpensive
> and relatively plentiful, so I can have my cake and eat it too. That's what
> my '66 500 coupe is about. It's more or less what many folks call a "resto
> mod" these days. Looks pretty stock if you don't know that much about
> Corvairs but it has a lot of little things different. It's very fun to try
> different things but still keep the car what I still consider to be a
> Corvair. I think of it as "What might Chevy have done if they had made a 3rd
> generation car?"

Kent expresses well my feeling too. I really liked his Sebring seat
conversion and in "restomodding" my new Corsa turbo, I got a pair of
Sebring seats and install went well. Gives me a safer car and belt moves
with seat so when my short wife drives car it does not cut across he neck.
In that same manner, I am redoing the turbo motor with modern ball bearing
turbo, port fuel injection and modern electronic control systems. When
done the car will be my interpretation of what possibly Chevy might have
done with further development. Stock body, revamped interior, stock Corsa
dash and controls and modern motor. To most people, it is still very much
a Corvair. I respect the pure stock cars alot but I like trying to
"improve" things. Some work out- some don't.
Now my 65 Corsa with the Northstar is another story. I must have been
feeling my steriods.

regards,

frank