<VV> Ackerman and fast steering -I have them

Dan Roraff corvair at bevcomm.net
Fri Dec 9 09:58:53 EST 2005

Hi ,
Sorry I'm a few days late on my reply about Ackerman.  I have had those quick steering arms on my 65 Monza convertible for several years. Does it screw up the angles? Based on  real world observations.  NO.  After I installed them I didn't even have a professional alignment (did it myself-simple).  My front tires are still like new and even wear.  I wish I could say the same for my new grossly over rated Toyota.
My rear tires are slicks due to bad bushings that have since been replaced.
Bottom line is: the only thing you will notice is an huge increase of driving fun!
This is my number one pick for Corvair improvements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dan
65 Monza 110 Convertible-hibernating in Minnesota