<VV>Budget wheels

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Dec 9 11:44:35 EST 2005

>(read ULTRA)  racer, I'm glad to know we can run well on stock rims.
>However if anyone comes across something 5 x 4.75 x 13 in the boneyards

Problem is the 13" part. The replacement (Vega) went to a four bolt pattern
and the FWD cars that followed had the wrong backspacing and a smaller
diameter bolt circle. It might be possible to build an adapter that would
compensate for both however by then wheel diameters even for small cars
were increasing. I think the largest was only 6" wide.

4.75" is sometimes referred to as 120mm. Much easier even if you could go
to 14" as many Firebirds and Grand Prixs of the 70's had 14x7 wheels with
the right backspacing and bolt pattern. Just watch out for the later ones
that used extended hubs and a FWD backspacing.

Padgett