<VV> Kids in back, some corvair

aircooled6 at prodigy.net aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Fri Dec 9 18:55:39 EST 2005

The 2 cushions from my parent's sofa (They were BRIGHT GREEN) fit perfectly
onto the flat of the fold down rear seat in their new 62 Monza 4 door.  My
brother and I spent many hours riding back there, asleep to the drone of the
engine. (He's a '62 model, I'm a '59!)  Mom drove that car most of the time
and we would go to Grandma's house which ranged from up the street to 3
hours or so away as the years went by.  They sold the Vair in '67, but
we kept that couch well into the 80's. I recall the cushions also fitting
nicely into the rear area of the '74 Caprice Estate wagon we had.(talk about
Road-Hugging Weight!!) By then, my sister had joined the brood.  That car
had a split back seat that would fold 2/3 down and leave a "Jump Seat"
upright, where I chose to ride most of the time, leaving the "Children" to
lay out on the flat area.

The Vair did have seat belts, at least in front.  I dont recall if they were
in the rear or not.  The folks dont remember either.

Everett Wilson
Cold North Richland Hills TX