<VV> Pan Bolt Hole

Phil Ellis ellispj at cogeco.ca
Sat Dec 10 18:29:37 EST 2005

Re: 1968 500 110 HP.

In order to remove a broke pan bolt (sheared off just below surface) we drilled through the broken bolt and right through into an open space. This is the rearmost centre bolt hole which is a blind hole. Does anyone know if this hole originally went right through or if we have drilled into an area we shouldn't have? We got it drilled out and re-tapped the hole then re-installed the pan with thread sealant on this particular bolt. Haven't re-started the engine yet.

Thanks,

Phil Ellis