<VV> Corsa-Monza confusion

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Thu Dec 15 10:24:32 EST 2005

I keep reading questions from people about differences between Corsas and other Corvairs.  What exactly were the STOCK differences between a 65-66 Monza and Corsa?  Here are the ones I know of:

1) Dash/gauge - Corsa has 6 gauges (Monza 3), speedo, tach, clock, gas, temp and vacuum/pressure.

2) Badges on body and glove box.  Corsa has the "C" logo on the rear, lower 1/4 and "CORSA" on the front, upper 1/4 while Monza has just the Monza cross on the front lower 1/4.

3) "Corsa" on the glove box door vs Monza cross.

3-1/2) Corsa dash is black vs silver Monza in '65.

4) Wheel hub cap centers have Corsa "C" vs Monza cross.

5) Silver painted rear cove.

6) Chrome shifter base

7) Thermistor on head.

8) 140 standard, 180 turbo optional (only avail. on Corsa).  Standard Monza is 110.

9) Only coupe and convertible, no 4-door (Monza avail. as all 3)

10) others???

The rest is the same as Monza right?  3 speed manual standard on both, same size wheels and tires, same vinyl seat pattern, same paint color options, same fold down rear seat in coupe, springs and steering,....