<VV> Accessories on 62 Monza

RKB rkbyers at verizon.net
Thu Dec 15 10:55:03 EST 2005

I was trying to decipher my trim codes on my 62 Monza for a proper restoration.

It was the 39453rd Corvair built at Oakland that year, according to the VIN decoder.
The body code (OA25221) indicates it was the 25,221th car made in Oakland, if I read this correctly.  Does this mean that out of almost 40 thousand Corvairs, Oakland made more than half at this point?
The car was originally Honduras Maroon (paint 948.)
Trim 4-758-21    The 758 means fawn but what does the 4 and 21 mean?
ACC HPE 2369  I understand the E means tinted windows but what does the H , P and 2369  mean?
The car does have an 4 speed, AM radio and a padded dash, albeit a different color from fawn. The engine is gone so I have no idea whether it was a 102 hp.

Also, I inherited an extra early 4 speed from a car I just purchased.  I have a book that decodes differential numbers but not transmissions.
The only number on it is GMC 8788364 or maybe GMC 8799364.  The 8 and 9 look a lot alike under the rust and grime.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ron B
Largo, FL
62 Monza