<VV> Radio Mount

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Fri Dec 16 08:47:38 EST 2005

>Anyone know of a universal DIN mount that would fasten under the dash ?

For a late model, I've successfully used the standard DIN mount (like from Pep Boys)... and have been able to install it with zero mods to the car. I use slightly
longer screws for the ash tray mount and drill two holes in the hoiusing to match. (First picture shows this pretty well) This holds up the front of the unit.

In the back, I attach a strap (usually included with a new stereo) to the back of the radio then to one of the mounting points that secures the defroster ducting.

  http://fnader.com/images/Corvair_Monza_Convertible_67/Stereo/DCP_0007.JPG
http://fnader.com/images/Corvair_Monza_Convertible_67/Stereo/DCP_0014.JPG

It's handy to get to yet inobstrusive... and if you use a removable face plate it almost disappears...

Bill Elliott