<VV>60 fAlcon vs 60 Vair ( nostalgia rambling )

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Fri Dec 16 22:58:18 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick & Janet Norris" <rickjanet at charter.net>

> PORT-O-WALLS man! Had'em on a 60 Falcon...flap flap flap...
>
> Rick
> > Geepers guys, are we leaving out JCWhitney ??   I bet they still list
> > those
> > wonderful tire pinch-on whitewall inserts > > Reargards, ken campbell,
iowuh guy
**********
Yeah, I road tested a 60 vair ( still remember the sales guy in the back
seat screaming .. heh heh ... dang I used to be good ... ) and a 60 Falcon,
and sorry to say the falcon was a better car if you had no soul ...mine was
an early 144 incher, so the lifters all froze to the shafts, but other than
that (g) ( factory forgot to oil them ) but other than that, I thought it
was really ... and rodded it as same .... a Formula Ford .... A really
great, under-rated American Car ... for those who chose it, we got just what
we deserved ....  I couldn't kill the thing, so I traded it for a TR4, I
killed that real good ... so I traded that for a 66 140 Monza, which I
couldn' t kill ... what a Car !! ... and have had an insatiable lust for
Corvairs everey cents ...
Ken Campbell, nostaligist black belt in Iowuh