<VV> re: brake bleeding

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 17 17:42:14 EST 2005

The only problem I've discovered using a vacuum hand pump to bleed the wheel
cylinders is that the threads around the bleeder screw tend to leak. This
causes a tiny stream of bubbles in the bleeder hose which looks like air in
the cylinder. I take the bleeder screws out before starting and carefully
coat only the threads with a small amount of grease to seal them. Then it's
an easy process. Additionally, the grease stops the bleeder screws from
rusting in place.

Andy Clark
66 140/4 Monza Sedan
66 140/4 Stinger Clone