<VV> Rebuild II - Lube

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Dec 18 18:26:09 EST 2005

In a message dated 12/18/2005 1:36:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
contactsmu at sbcglobal.net writes:

Also,  the service manual says to molycote the rockers and balls
if they are  new.  Since mine are "technically" new, having only about
two hours  use on them, would it hurt to lube them?

Stephen  Upham

New or used, I put a little bit on the ball, a little in the  seat in the
rocker where the ball sits, a bit on the valve contact face and a  bit where the
pushrod will seat. I use HRL assembly lube for these points. I use  on the
camshaft lobs as well. - Seth