Fwd: <VV> re: brake bleeding

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Dec 19 11:10:35 EST 2005

In a message dated 12/17/2005 5:51:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, ronh at owt.com
writes:

> The brake system isn't meant to hold a vacuum of any degree as the cups are
>
> all turned the wrong way for that.  Thus, any leakage under a  vacuum really
>
> isn't relevant.  Just use the pump to pull the brake fluid into any replaced
>
> parts.
> RonH

Thanks for the info Ron.  I guess I was fooling myself.  I always coat the
parts with the brake fluid I'm using before installing and that was probably the
reason things didn't leak down right away.  The vacuum pump does work great
for one man bleeding though--it pulls the fluid quickly with no air
introduction (unless you let the MC run dry of course).

Bob Hall
Group Corvair