<VV> Rebuild II

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Dec 19 14:02:42 EST 2005

>  For some reason, perhaps divine providence, I shook  the cooler after I
> picked it up off of the shelf.  I honestly don't know why I did it, but
> it probably saved my rebuild from a third rebuild.  It sounded like a
> salt shaker.  I saw debris coming out of the oil ports.  I took a piece
> of paper and began to collect the debris.  I felt them and they felt
> metallic.  I then ran a magnet under the paper, and lo and behold, IRON.

Sorry but cleaning of parts, particularly old parts, is part of the
process. Sounds like you need to flush the cooler. When building an engine
it is best to make no assumptions. When I get a crank back from polishing I
always buy some long pipe cleaners and run them through the oil passages
before installing. Is amazing the crud I find in there.

Padgett