<VV> Rebuild II

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Mon Dec 19 20:43:16 EST 2005

The way I've cleaned them, with great success, is to fill the cooler with a
GOOD solvent, like lacquer thinner, and set them into a pot of boiling water,
NOT on the stove! I immersed them with the ports up, and with JUST enough
water  to cover the cooler, but not flood into the ports. I was amazed how much
better  it cleaned the thing out. I did this twice, and on the third time the
solvent  ran clean.
BTW, do NOT try this with the high powered carb cleaners like Gunk's Hydro
Seal. These contain caustics that'll go after the aluminum at elevated
temperatures.

It's amazing how much better solvents work when you add some heat...

In a message dated 12/19/2005 8:39:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,