<VV> Late Grilles was Corsa/Monza differences

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Tue Dec 20 11:03:03 EST 2005

This is the most definitive answer, though I'd dissagree with his
termonology. What he calls "teeth" are the "grill bars" themselves, and
the area that is painted silver on a Monza is up to the "character line
break." The '66 Corsa's were painted only about halfway from the grill
bars to the character line. This was to prevent any "sloppy" look from
silver paint peeking out from under the insert.

What IS commonly seen are variations to this, and all can be attributed
to repaint jobs. The most common areas on ALL LM Corvair models to
incorrectly get a full body-color reshoot are the rear grill (Monzas and
Corsas often never properly reshot with silver per original look) and
the front valence (spoiler) panel (which was NEVER painted.)

-Mark