<VV> Mini NO Corvair

Garth Stapon stapon1 at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 20 16:00:15 EST 2005

Paul:

The original Mini Cooper S was a leader kicking massive butt on the race track with only 1,300 cc's.

Others may have offered similarities in design at an earlier point in automotive history, but the original BL Mini is unquestionably the car that spawned many, many copies and actually popularized the front engine/front drive concept.

One of my favorite new cars is the modern Mini and more fun is on tap with an increasingly powerful soon to be released new engine.

Who said you have to give up fun to get decent gas mileage?

There is even a nice Yenko/style stripe package just to add to the nostalgia.

The old Mini was and the new Mini will be a Landmark automobile in my view.

It is one of my favorite BMW's regardless of price.

Regards, Garth