<VV> Corsa VS Monza VS 500 air grill

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Wed Dec 21 10:14:46 EST 2005

The paint specs for the rear grill are also shown in the 1966 Assembly Manual - section 11, page B1.

500 - body color
Monza - silver out to the "lip"
Corsa - silver over the slots, with an insert screwed in place over the slots and covering out to the "lip"

Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible she-devil  (with a grill and body that's been repainted Madiera Maroon by some PO)
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta and Group Red (Ret.)
 http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/groupred/mclott.htm

________________________________

From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org on behalf of NicolCS at aol.com
Sent: Wed 12/21/2005 1:44 AM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org; mhicks130 at cox.net; hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Subject: <VV> Corsa VS Monza VS 500 air grill

>From the 1965 Dealer Showroom Album...

Corvair Series Features:
Corsa:  ..."Bright engine exhaust grille"  ("Bright" is GMspeak for polished
trim)
Monza: ... "Silver-painted engine air exhaust grille"
500:     ... (No features listed for exhaust grille)

Craig (just the facts, Maam) Nicol

<snip> I appreciate your inputs on this JR, I really do, but I would
appreciate it more if you could provide some reference for these statements.  Even if
it's just "years of personal observation".  Otherwise I kind of have to assume
it's just an opinion.  I originally started this thread in an attempt to
eliminate opinions and get to the facts, just the facts. Mike <unsnip>