<VV> (no subject)

Mel Smith my65vair at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 21 14:48:48 EST 2005

My '65 coupe sat for a few months, then I drove it for a few weeks, then it
sat for a few weeks and when I started it again it sounded really bad at
idle. The engine seemed to speed up through half of a revolution, then just
putt through the second half. It revved okay except there was a kind of a
soft bang every revolution, which seemed to be coming from the left tail
pipe. The engine has 140 heads but two carburetors. Any ideas why it would
suddenly start acting funny like this? I didn't change anything, but I know
the carburetors probably need rebuilding.