<VV> Oil filter

Mel Smith my65vair at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 21 18:15:41 EST 2005

I've changed the oil filter in my corvair twice now, and each time I sit
there for a while trying to figure out why I cant seem to screw the bolt in.
Somebody replaced the bolt with what I assume is a sending unit for the oil
pressure gauge. The filter's threads won't engage unless I use the old
cardboard gasket that has already been squished. This happened with both a
no-name filter and a Clarks. Does this usually happen, or is it due a
shorter bolt used for the sending unit?