<VV> Shift levers

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Fri Dec 23 13:37:58 EST 2005

Padgett,

I believe that Chevy decided to get rid of the M20 pages in the back
starting in '66 because everything was the same except the transmission
itself, whereas in earlier years there were significant differences.
Coincides with the new "Saginaw" transmissions. If you look at page 169
you'll see that M20 is listed but with a "see regular production" note.

Great job on pointing out the change log for the shift lever. This is
CRITICAL to do since, as I pointed out in a post earlier this week, the
assembly manual only shows the final design for the model year. What someone
needs to do now is look at a '65 manual and see what its change log looks
like, to get the entire string of events.

The seats are not in the assembly manual because they are not part of final
assembly. Remember that the assembly manual only covers what Chevy final
assembly did, not what Fisher Body did (seats, glass, doors, carpet, etc.)
or what another Chevy plant did (engine block and internals, front
suspension, transmission internals, etc.).

--Kent