<VV> Re: RS Loss of Power - drivin' me nuts!

Thomas Stingl tsc01 at corvair.de
Fri Dec 23 15:40:08 EST 2005

> get a replacement.  The new coil goes in and I drive back to Victoria, with
> only a short stop to use the facilities and grab a cup of Timmy's, over two

My (Euro) money is on a heat related problem, either general overheating (do you
have an oil temp gauge?), or only the coil or ignition switch is affected.

About the ignition switch/circuit, I would before a long trip shortcut
by adding a jump wire from battery to where the ignition wire comes back from
the front, just before the main connector aka little horrid plastic thingy.
See if your problem reappears, if yes, the switch (circuit) is not the problem.
Just remember you have to remove the jumper wire before engine can be cut off.

About the coil, I was not the first one to mount the coil on the rear frame,
makes sense as it gets less heat that way.

Thomas

--
Thomas Stingl  ts1 at corvair.de  Karlsruhe, Germany
Swiss Corvair Club / Subchapter Germany