<VV> 500/Monza/Corsa shifter - long

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Fri Dec 23 15:40:50 EST 2005

Consider that PARTS manuals are NOT a good reference guide when it comes
to identifying what the FACTORY installed. They deal ONLY with service
parts, some of which somebody determined would be economical substitutes
for (possibly) a low-production factory item. I've seen cases where the
originally installed item was simply NOT available over the counter,
only a "make-do" substitute part, listed in the parts book as to be used
as a "replacment" for the original. The Corsa shifter could fall into
this catagory.

Second, don't expect a part number to have any bearing as to WHAT was
different, if anything. Parts books are under no obligation to give such
details. Further, I've seen part numbers changed for all kinds of
reasons, including NONE at all! Why the various part numbers are used is
anyone's guess. All I can tell you for sure is that a different part
number USUALLY means that SOMEthing is different. USUALLY, but not
necessarily, though.

-Mark C