<VV> FC glove boxes

rgubser at zoomtown.com rgubser at zoomtown.com
Sat Dec 24 10:21:18 EST 2005

Many years ago Dave Newell wrote an article published in Corvanatics that addressed this issue. In 1963 (I think) Chevy was looking for ways to make the FC work trucks more price-competetive with Ford's Econoline. They decided to delete the glove compartment door and rear air grille from Rampsides and Corvans. I assume this applied only to the base trim level and that the custom cab package would have included the glove box door, but probably not the air grille. Whether this was a temporary situation or whether it continued to the end of production I don't know. I do recall reading specs in an FC brochure that mentons a "dispatch box" on the dash. Perhaps this was Chevy's name for a doorless glove compartment. Can anyone else elaborate on this?

--
rgubser
e-mail: rgubser at zoomtown.com