<VV> 7.00-14 Tire Measurement result - Attn Bob Helt and others

aircooled6 at prodigy.net aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Mon Dec 26 20:23:23 EST 2005

I finally got some time to A-get some new tires on my Greenbrier and
B-measure the 7.00-14 Spare that came with the truck.

The tire is mounted on a standard FC Rim.  It appears to be the original
spare for the vehicle, but obviously, I cant prove it.

The tire is a Firestone Deluxe Champion.

Markings on the "Out" sidewall (it's a blackwall) are:

"Firestone" logotype.  The words "Deluxe Champion".  The words "Gum Dipped"
which have the stylized "F" shield logo between them.

The Numbers 7.00-14 followed by a Circular imprint with "SP" in it, with the
word "tubeless" following.

The markings on the "Inner" sidewall are:

7.00-14  Tubeless

Then on another area:  7.00-14 followed by the circular "SP" and then "4
Ply"

The Alpha-numeric: 11538 WU  is melted into the rubber.

Down near the bead:  "Made in USA"  then 1-MBSRC-13, then BD-29534-2

I inflated the tire to 32 PSI and then took my wifes sewing tape (Im dead)
and stretched it around the center rib of the tire.

Diameter at that point measured 82 inches even.

The Tread is 4 and 3/8 inches wide.  (Goodness, what touches the road is
NARROW!!)

The tread is approx 5/16th deep.  There are still some "nubs" on the
sidewalls, although not on the tread.  The tread doesnt seem to be worn
much.  Its pretty dried out, but still holds air!  Its been holding one
corner of the van up for over 3 years, and Ive only had to add air a couple
of times.  Obviously, I wouldnt trust it further than around the block
though.

Is back inside the van now, but I need to get a real spare soon, so it will
get dismounted then, since my son bent the devil out of my other "Spare"
rim.

Thats it!  Bob had said he was interested when I got the time to measure it
and in case anyone cared about such trivia, you now have it too.

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX (upper 70s today!!)