<VV> 7.00-14 Tire Measurement result - Attn Bob Helt and others

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Mon Dec 26 21:09:28 EST 2005

On Dec 26, 2005, at 8:23 PM, <aircooled6 at prodigy.net> wrote:

> I finally got some time to A-get some new tires on my Greenbrier and
> B-measure the 7.00-14 Spare that came with the truck.
>
> The tire is mounted on a standard FC Rim.  It appears to be the
> original
> spare for the vehicle, but obviously, I cant prove it.
>
> The tire is a Firestone Deluxe Champion.
>
> Markings on the "Out" sidewall (it's a blackwall) are:
>
> "Firestone" logotype.  The words "Deluxe Champion".  The words "Gum
> Dipped"
> which have the stylized "F" shield logo between them.
>
> The Numbers 7.00-14 followed by a Circular imprint with "SP" in it,
> with the
> word "tubeless" following.
>
> The markings on the "Inner" sidewall are:
>
> 7.00-14  Tubeless
>
> Then on another area:  7.00-14 followed by the circular "SP" and then
> "4
> Ply"
>
> The Alpha-numeric: 11538 WU  is melted into the rubber.
>
> Down near the bead:  "Made in USA"  then 1-MBSRC-13, then BD-29534-2
>

> I inflated the tire to 32 PSI and then took my wifes sewing tape (Im
> dead)
> and stretched it around the center rib of the tire.
>
> Diameter at that point measured 82 inches even.
>
> The Tread is 4 and 3/8 inches wide.  (Goodness, what touches the road
> is
> NARROW!!)

I have Firestone factory measurements for a Firestone Deluxe Champion,
7.00-14 tire. I can't say for sure that this is your tire, but I assume
it to be.

Rim width			5.0"
Section width			7.05"
Diameter				26.2"
Static loaded radius	12.2"

The circumference would figure out to be 82.27 which agrees closely
with your measurements for your slightly-worn tire.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina
Greenville, SC