<VV> Leaning Out the Midrange (Long and Boring)

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Tue Dec 27 11:25:54 EST 2005

In a message dated 12/26/05 8:39:21 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Mikeamauro at aol.com writes:

> it seems I have the following options: lower float level (have already done
>
> so);  try different clusters (this sounds a bit like trial &error); or, the
> best  area to work with seems the emulsion tube air bleed. I'm a little
> vague
> with the working of that assembly, and would like to find full technical
> documentation on the stock carbs. I actually had such a document, once, but
> it
> seems to have lost itself. The document of which I speak had some really
> detailed sections, with explainations of each fuel-air circuit in detail. I
> may
> even have, at some point years ago, downloaded said item. Is this ringing a
>
> bell with anyone? I've looked in Clark's and cannot locate.
> Thanks,
> Mike Mauro

Hi Mike,
Several things.......

The Source (Dave Herrin) sells a copy of the Rochester Carburetor Training
booklet. Contact him for a copy. I think that is what you are looking for.

Second. All mods you make will have to be trial and nature by definition
since I know of no document that will guide you thru a procedure. And of course,
all testing will take time to evaluate any changes.

It may be a good idea to locate some carburetor books and learn how they work
before you start.

Good luck.

Regards,
Bob Helt