<VV> 3-speed trans measurement - follow up info

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Tue Dec 27 12:38:41 EST 2005

Someone pointed out that I wasn't specific in my request so here's a more
specific description:

Do you have an early, cast iron 3-speed transmission sitting around? (The one
with the sheet-metal top cover)  Do you have a dial caliper?

If you meet these criteria, today is YOUR LUCKY DAY!  I'm looking for a
measurement of the range of the shifter shaft between 2nd and 3rd.  Here's how to
do it (if you are willing) - fabulous trips and prizes are promised to the
lucky winner!

1) Center shifter shaft in/out
2) Rotate shaft CW
3) Plunge in and measure height (2nd)
4) Plunge out and measure height (3rd)

That's it!  Submit your winning entry and wait for your free gift! :-o)

Finally, a use for that old 3-spd you have been harboring for all these years
:)
Thanks in advance, Craig N.