<VV> RE: quest for fuel economy

Steven R. Marti srmarti at netzero.net
Tue Dec 27 16:55:41 EST 2005

<snip>
 I can push this car with my fingertips. Is equipped  with a
torque converter modified by Hughes Performance (stall increased by 250
over
stock); 327 rear. Car runs great...lots of zip, but guzzles gas.
With that out of the way, and realizing main jets have little to do with
fuel flow....except near or at WOT...I need to fuss with the midrange
metering.

<snip>

I recall one of my past projects was improving gas mileage on the family's
73 Blazer with a 350 v8 and full time 4x4.  One thing I did is put in a
lower stall speed torque converter.  While putting in a higher stall speed
one will improve acceleration performance, I wonder how much it might be
shooting you in the foot for gas mileage.

Steve