<VV> corvair shifter difference - wikipedia

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Tue Dec 27 23:23:58 EST 2005

------------------------------
I promise I'll edit that out if it turns out not to be true.  Somebody else
wrote it, and I had no definite proof either way, so i left it.

The whole point of Wikipedia is that it's kind of an information
zeitgeist.  It's definitely not a final and authoritative source on
anything, although most people most of the time seem to want it to be more
accurate, and many spend a few minutes once in a while editing something
that bugged them.

Interestingly, Wikipedia, as young as it is, is already in the ballpark on
accuracy most of the time, according to at least one study comparing it to
the Encyclopedia Britannica recently.

In any case, people (usually people who are curious and not knowledgeable)
look at these articles.  It behooves us to have accurate information in the
Corvair entry.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE wikipedia. It's great.  I like the Corvair entry in general but this mention of the quicker shifter is the kind of thing that made me ask the original question here about Cors/Monza differences.  You're right, it does behove us Corvair people to put out information that is as accurate as possible and not contribute to Corvair missinformation.  Although admittedly, the differences between Corsa and Monza are the least of the Corvair missinformation problems.

mike