<VV> Re: 110 engine bent and broken pushrod

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Thu Dec 29 09:15:54 EST 2005

ON my Greenbrier with a 110 I discovered 3 bent pushrods on a good running
motor. I had pulled it apart for push rod tube seals. I am assuming a
previous owner simply over tightened them. 2 were obviously bent, the 3rd
was only noticeable when rolling over a flat surface. Motor really ran great
with everything fixed and a proper cold valve adjustment.
A few years ago, I was working on a friends motor to see why it ran so
poorly and had no power. This was a car he bought in non running condition.
4 push rods bent enough to bend the tubes making it a 4 cylindr motor. How
or why I'll never know, something a previous owner did.
You could have a stuck valve, stick a couple push rods in and try it. If it
fails, you have more to go. But I would check other push rods as well by
rolling them over a flat surface.

Gary Swiatowy