<VV> Whatever - Fan Cooling?

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Thu Dec 29 09:19:49 EST 2005

>> Whatever happened to the great electric fan cooling test?  I haven't heard
>> a thing about it for months, did I miss it?
>>
> No Ron, You can't run a cooling test with the outside temps below freezing. I
> think we will just have to wait 'till summer.
> Regards,
> Bob Helt

Ron,

Bob is correct. Ken Hand and I got part way thru test and really need to
do a little more baseline on the stock fan before changing to the
electric. Temps in MI this fall went from 50-70 when we started to 10-30
deg and stayed there till this week when it feels like summer cause it is
37 deg F. We both feel it is better not to put another variable into the
test of having some tests being done at 20 deg and some at 70 deg. We have
seen a fairly close correlation of increasing cht with increasing ambient
but it is not 1 to 1. There will be enough neasayers without us being as
carefull as we can to get directly compariable data. Except to continue
test in spring.

regards,

frank parker