<VV> Re: HiPo alts...

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 11:35:37 EST 2005

True, Unless you were going to mount the alternator on
the other side, where the A/C compressor would be for
those of us that don't have A/C  (most of us, I would
presume.)

then you could probably use the alt as it's own
tensioner, and use the double pully that the AC cars
used,  the standard belt runs the fan, the standard
A/C belt runs the alt.

my 0.02 cents.

Ryan

Padgett wrote:
>I suspect that a spring loaded idler pulley might
extend this a bit.
>However it is likely that to get more than 60 amps
reliably would
>require a
>second idler and to mount the alternator like an AIR
pump with its own
>fan
>belt which would also require rotation of the oil
filter.

Padgett