<VV> front lower ball joints

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Sat Dec 31 15:24:04 EST 2005

I did it once (uppers also -- usually they go first b/c they
often get skipped at greasetime) on the vehicle.  It's not
too big a deal if you have the ball joint pressout tool
which my father's garage is equipped with. Vair vendors sell
these (at least they used to) and I wouldn't do the job
without it. If the balljoints have never been replaced, you
will have to drill/grind out the rivets holding them on the
A-arms. Once that's done, you use the pressout tool and work
them out. The whole thing is a little bit of a pain, but
just monkey work really.

If you are too cheap to buy the pressout tool, maybe you
could hammer them out, but I'd plan on taking the A-arms out
and using an arbor press.

Jim Burkhard