<VV> Deck lid hold-up rods

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Sat Dec 31 20:01:33 EST 2005

I tend to agree. I've had to replace 3 of them over the
years and even the Pep Boys price is around $50 each.
Rarely will they last the life of the car. In short, they
are almost "designed to fail". They are useful, though, if
the hatch is heavy (not so with the Corvair) or on cars with
rear trunks to avoid the need for counterspung arms (take up
luggage room). On the Vair, they would just "be different" I
guess.

Jim Burkhard