<VV> Aircraft Landing Lights for Corvair Headlights!

dickbolt@his.com dickbolt@his.com
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:01:20 -0500

Many yrs ago, I bought 12 volt aircraft landing lights for my Corvair Corsa. I
could light up the head liners in daytime of the car in front of me. I used to
hope someone would come up behind me with their high beams on! I would let them
by & then________!

The airfraft landing lights were so powerfull, that the voltage at the bulb
would go down to 9 &1/2 volts! I do not remember what the amperage was, but the
circuit breaker in the light switch would continue to cut in & out during the
overload! IE, headlights slow flashing with high beams on! Not fun to drive in
the dark for a few seconds. So, I soldered the circuit breaker in the switch
closed. I was going to put in a house 15 amp fuse, but never did. All the small
glass fuses would melt from terminal heat, not load corrent.

Dick in MD