<VV> Re:MY HEADLIGHT OPTION(pictures on website)

N2VZD@aol.com N2VZD@aol.com
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:21:48 EST

the aircraft type lights i use on all my vairs now are 4537. they are only
100watt so current drain is kinda ok with no mods.  you do need a good
alternator. the volts drop about 1 volt when on high beam with an added 10ga b + feed
line to front. i had more powerfull bulbs but they do fry the dimmer switch and
headlight switch.  i was too lazy to make all mods neccesary to make it
right, (relay etc)plus i already use a ham radio that draws 8-10 amps on transmit,
so with gas heater with its 2 blowers, wipers on ,and high beams i do not hit
transmit often...or long.  so far 2 vehicles are ok, and i have done this
since i had my new 64 monza with no failures.  you ned the added power wire or the
feed wire will melt at the connector for sure! maybe even both ends.
been there done that. ps: i run a voltmeter in head temp hole of my spyder
dashes.  regards, tim colson