<VV> CORSA Membership

mike hicks mhicks130@cox.net
Fri Feb 4 00:05:41 EST 2005

I don't even own a Corvair and I'm a member!!  I used to have one ('66
Monza 4-door) and I'm planning on getting one soon (hopefully real soon)
so I thought I'd join Corsa  - primarily at this point to get the
Communique.  I'm happy with my one issue I've received so far - it is a
little dated looking but then so is the car Corsa represents.  I enjoyed
the "I Love My Hobby" story and the tech tips section.  I don't have a
problem with the Communique.  If I don't rejoin it'll be because of the
$35 membership fee, not because of the Communique quality.  Corsa has a
$20 fee for new members which is why I decided to join even though I am
not quite a Corvair guy yet.  If I do get a Corvair this year, I will
certainly rejoin Corsa though.  $35 a year to get the Communique does
seem a little steep to me - I know there are other benefits of Corsa
membership but for me the only real benefits are being an "official"
member of the community and getting the Communique.  Is that worth $35?
For me, probably - for others, maybe not.

BTW - one of the big things that's convinced me to want to get an old
Corvair is the support of this community.  You guys are very helpful.

mike