<VV> Communique & CORSA Membership

SPYDER62 at aol.com SPYDER62@aol.com
Fri Feb 4 02:26:10 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/3/2005 3:45:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kewells@medscape.com writes:

> I was surprised to hear of the membership decline. I was a lapsed
> CORSA member for about six months after my first years membership
> expired. I had to really think it over considering the membership
> dues are $35.00 A year. For the same amount I belong to the
> Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA), and enjoy a whole lot
> more benefits. They have a tremendous web site and discounts on
> insurance, car rentals, AvGas, etc....Also, anyone ever seen their
> publication, AOPA Pilot?

 Yes, I have read the AOPA publication and it is a great publication but also
look at the member numbers. It take a smaller percentage of your due to due
it then it does with CORSA. Then things like insurance is based on claims per
member, again a larger club does come out on top. Look at what the AARP does
for what 10 bucks.
  One example is the Ultravan club UVMCC our insurance just kept going up and
up, that was the main reason we joined CORSA, that way we could keep our dues
the same and get by.
 I was a member of the Shelby Dodge club years ago dues were in the 30s got 4
issues of the Shelby times a year (great publication done by the same group
that did the Ford Shelby one) but they spent more then they had and lasted 18
months or so even with support from Dodge (free membership with any new
Shelby).
 Rich (23 year CORSA member)