<VV> CORSA Membership

Crawford Rose crawfordrose@msn.com
Fri Feb 4 04:28:17 EST 2005

What's all this humbug about staleness of the Communique? I think the
Communique is great!  Sure, there could be more tech articles but the ones
that are present are super and top notch for any level of mechanical
proficiency.  The problem with year to year membership for people such as
myself, is the "straw factor" of just another expense to add to the load of
modern life. For example, as an attorney, I have over $600 a year in
professional dues alone. Many of us have family commitments, union dues,
professional obligations, etc. So its understandable that such national
membership may not be a financial priority and many people instead participate
at the club level (though not necessarily - Bill Hadley will tell you I've
been AWOL for years!)  Plus, if you are in and out of Corvairs over the years
and driving other cars, its natural to cross over into other "communities of
faith" as it were...  But rest assured, CORSA will be fine but, naturally, it
won't last forever.  Maybe those phosphate coated early models will outlast us
all, however.
Crawford